SHOWCASE IDEAS FOR OPERATORS
Inflation continues to push up markets across the foodservice sector, forcing restaurant owners and other dining operations to devise strategies that mitigate these increases without passing higher menu prices onto their customers.
- Streamline costs with the Ready-Set-Serve value-added line of produce: Skip the messy, dangerous processes of washing, peeling, chopping, and clean-up while reducing overall employee hours by ordering ingredients ready to go right out of the bag with year-round consistent pricing.
- Transform low-cost ingredients into shareable, artistic favorites: Get create value with core ingredients like potatoes, lettuces, and onions—prepare, plate, and serve them in visually impressive presentations (think delicate herbs, global sauce swatches, and tall stacks) that make them fun to order, share with friends, and post on social media.
- Veg-centric recipes: Although overall food prices are up an average of 9.5%* (as of mid-March 2023), the increases vary among commodities, with meat, dairy, and eggs up much more than fresh produce. Retooling spring and summer menus with vegetable-focused recipes that use meat as an accent will keep flavor high and budgets lower.
- Budget-friendly tasting menus: Better cost control, less food waste, and higher profit margins are achieved when chefs balance the ratio of high-end and cost-effective ingredients. Artful presentations and thoughtful flavor combinations give customers the fine dining experience for what feels like a deal—driving repeat business.
- Local loyalty: Offer LTOs and special weeknight pricing to attract locals and develop a strong community customer base.
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Packer, and Restaurant Hospitality