SHOWCASE IDEAS FOR OPERATORS
This patriotic holiday is traditionally celebrated with casual summer foods that signify fun—especially when they can incorporate the flag colors of red, white, and blue. Whimsical, delicious, and social-media worthy—the most sought-after menus feature updated classics packed with healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- From the grill. Burgers, steaks, and dogs are the most popular entrees for this national party. High-quality ingredients, including crisp MFC and RSS Lettuces, juicy MFC Tomatoes, house-made ketchups and salsas, really upgrade these dishes.
- Colorful sides. Accompaniments are where chefs can get creative with texture, color, and bold flavor. Unique slaws, grilled vegetables, fruity-spicy salsas, and herby potato salads pair well with classic entrées, Charring, pickling, caramelizing, and global spice blends bring new excitement to familiar ingredients.
- The sweet side. Cold treats like popsicles, frozen grapes and melon chunks, chilled tarts, and house-made ice creams are ideal for this hot summer holiday.
- Playful beverages. Highlight red and blue berries along with white coconut shavings or creamy liquid ingredients to stay on theme.
SEASONAL PRODUCE CHECKLIST
- From the grill: Markon First Crop (MFC) Green Leaf, Iceberg, and Romain Lettuces, Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Deli Leaf, MFC Tomatoes, RSS Sliced Red Onions, and MFC Jalapeno Chile Peppers.
- Colorful Sides: RSS Super Slaw, RSS Halved Brussels Sprouts, RSS Trimmed Green Beans, RSS Cole Slaw, MFC Idaho Potatoes, and corn on the cob.
- The sweet side: MFC Strawberries, RSS Pineapple Chunks and Spears, RSS Cantaloupe and Honeydew Chunks, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Playful beverages: MFC Cucumbers, MFC Mint and Cilantro, MFC Serrano Chile Peppers, MFC Strawberries, melons, coconut, and blueberries.