Certain seasonal ingredients epitomize holiday meals. Get a jump on prep by ensuring specific items are in stock and ready-to-use.
- Cranberries: Think beyond the canned condiment and stew in-house cranberry sauces with ginger, oranges, black pepper, and jalapeno peppers. Use to sauce turkey, spread on sandwiches, and stir into desserts.
- Pumpkins, yams, and winter squashes: Roast in bulk and have on hand for mashes, fries, spreads, and stuffings. They add bold color and subtle sweetness.
- Hearty greens: Focus on kale, cabbage, arugula, collard greens, and shredded Brussels sprouts for cold-weather salads and starters.
- Roasted apples and pears: Pre-bake and have on hand for easy meat sauces, condiments, and dessert fillings.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Give side dishes a health halo with broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts ready to use right out of the bag.
SEASONAL PRODUCE CHECKLIST
- Cranberry pairings: MFC Fresh Ginger, MFC Oranges, RSS Orange Sections, MFC Jalapeno and Serrano Chile Peppers, MFC Pears, RSS Peeled Pearl Onions, and RSS Peeled Shallots.
- Pumpkin, yam, and winter squash partners: RSS Sliced Onions, RSS Triple-Washed Spinach, MFC Apples and Pears, MFC Carrots, and RSS Trimmed Leeks.
- Hearty greens: RSS Harvest Crisp Blend, RSS Shredded Kale, RSS Shredded Green and Red Cabbage, RSS Wild Arugula, RSS Chopped Collard Greens, and RSS Shredded Brussels Sprouts.
- Roasted apple and pear mates: MFC Fennel, MFC Ginger, RSS Peeled Shallots, MFC Rosemary and Thyme, cranberries, and red currant berries.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: RSS Bite-Size Broccoli & Cauliflower Florets, RSS Chopped Green and Red Cabbage, and RSS Halved Brussels Sprouts.