Stack your autumn menus with seasonal fresh produce ingredients to meet current plant-based eating habits and current trends.
SHOWCASE IDEAS FOR OPERATORS
- Salads. Save on labor and waste with ready-to-use blends like crunchy, colorful Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Harvest Crisp Blend. Add color and flavor to any Markon salad mix with roasted winter squashes or sweet potatoes, cooked grains, baked Markon First Crop (MFC) Apples or Pears, shaved MFC Fennel, grated beets, and pomegranate seeds.
- Meat as a Condiment. Not all plant-based eating is vegan or vegetarian. While some consumers might be lowering their meat intake, most aren’t cutting it out completely. Using deeply flavorful proteins to accent veg-centric stir-fries, biryani, curries, ramen, and other dishes adds a health halo, intensifies umami, and reduces ingredient budgets.
- Apps & Sides. Rich, gem tone colors and toothsome texture attract diners to sharable starters and side dishes. Try deep greens, vibrant purples, and intense reds in ingredients such as RSS Broccoli Florets, MFC Eggplant, MFC Red Bell Peppers, MFC Tomatoes, and beets.
- Desserts. Now is the time to feature roasted, baked, and fried vegetables like sweet potatoes and winter squashes seasoned with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, and citrus zest/juices. Use in tarts and pies and top with whipped cream.
SEASONAL PRODUCE CHECKLIST
- Salads: RSS Harvest Crisp Blend, RSS Heritage Blend, RSS Shredded Kale, RSS Color Shred Carrots, and RSS Baby Spinach.
- Meat as a Condiment: Markon Essentials (ESS) Cauliflower, Markon First Crop (MFC) Eggplant, MFC Potatoes, and RSS Chopped Collard Greens.
- Apps & Sides: RSS Sweet Baby Broccoli, RSS Trimmed Brussels Sprouts, RSS Baby Carrots, MFC Fennel, MFC Mushrooms, and MFC Trimmed Leeks.
- Desserts: Sweet Potatoes, yams, winter squashes like Acorn, Butternut, and Kabocha.