Independence Day is ripe with opportunities to spotlight fresh produce. Draw in customers with on-theme drinks and dishes, LTOs, and seasonal recipes with health halos.
- Drinks are a great segment for highlighting the nation’s red, white, and blue colors. Use fresh Markon First Crop Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, watermelons cut into stars, vibrant smoothies accented with whipped cream.
- Barbecue is the nation’s favorite Fourth of July choice. Load the menu with grilled and charred vegetables like asparagus, peppers, corn, and squashes as well as classic sides like coleslaws and potato salads.
- Serve fun summer desserts fashioned in the flag’s shape and colors. Think cupcakes, tarts, popsicles, ice cream, and buttermilk shortcakes—all featuring colorful, nutrient-dense fruit.
Fourth of July Checklist:
- Think healthy! The wellness trend tops diners wish lists when it comes to celebrating.
- Load up burgers and dogs with crunchy Ready-Set-Serve Iceberg and Romaine, zesty Ready-Set-Serve Onions, and juicy Markon First Crop Tomatoes.
- Eliminate salad prep with Ready-Set-Serve Salads and Blends; add red and blue accents with MFC Strawberries and blueberries.
- Make side dishes a breeze by utilizing pre-washed, pre-cut, 100% usable Ready-Set-Serve Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Baby Broccoli, and Trimmed Green Beans.