Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
2 tbsp butter
2 bunches MFC Trimmed Leeks, sliced (white and light green parts only)
1/2 tsp each sea salt and pepper, divided
4 cups sodium-reduced vegetable broth
1 lb yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 fresh thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp 35% whipping cream
2 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch ground nutmeg
4 tsp canola oil
1 tsp all-purpose flour
4 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; cook half of the leeks and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown and tender.
2. Stir in broth, potatoes, thyme and bay leaves; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove thyme and bay leaves. Stir in cream; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Using hand blender, purée until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and nutmeg.
3. Meanwhile, pat remaining leeks dry with paper towel; toss with oil. Sprinkle with flour and remaining salt; toss until evenly coated. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
4. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Top with crispy leeks, chives and remaining pepper.
• Alternatively, transfer soup to stand blender; purée in small batches, placing tea towel over lid, until smooth.
• To serve cold, let cool completely and refrigerate before serving.
1 bunch Markon First Crop Asparagus, steamed
1/4 C Markon First Crop Basil
2 T Markon First Crop Chervil
2 T C Ready-Set-Serve Lemon Juice
2 cloves Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. coriander
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
16 large shrimp, cleaned and threaded onto skewers to prevent curling
1 tsp. kosher salt
Olive oil + 2 cloves Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic, for poaching
Edible petals and micro greens for garnish
Slice tips off asparagus and reserve. Add basil, chervil, one cup steamed asparagus stalks, lemon juice, zest, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper flakes, and oil to a food processor and blend until chunky.
Heat oil and garlic until just bubbling. Add shrimp skewers so that shrimp is fully submerged. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. When shrimp are almost cooked, add asparagus tips. Remove all with a slotted spoon and drain on a wire rack.
To plate, arrange tips in a decorative manner. Place shrimp next to asparagus and ladle sauce on top of each one. Garnish with edible petals and micro greens.