The Salinas Valley growing region has received about an 1.5” of rainfall since last night, with some surrounding areas reporting over 2”; these storms are not expected to continue past late morning. Most lettuce and tender leaf suppliers cancelled today’s harvesting due to extremely muddy/wet conditions in the fields. The attached pictures illustrate current conditions.
Santa Maria berry fields have received a total of 1.2” of rainfall since this morning. Rain is expected to continue through mid-day today, causing additional harvesting cancellations.
Loading Today, Monday, October 25:
- Markon First Crop/Markon Best Available products will load in full
- Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Salads, Shreds, Blends, Coleslaw, and Florets will load in full
- RSS Spring Mixes may experience some shortages due to packaging concerns, not weather/rain
Loading Tuesday, October 26:
- Some shortage may occur
- Commodity and valued-added suppliers were not able to harvest 100% of their finished product and/or raw product needs for both Monday and Tuesday
- All suppliers will try to have production crews working on Tuesday, October 26, but this will depend on field conditions
Markon will update further tomorrow as to whether crews are able to enter fields, and if so, how much they will be able to harvest.
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.