LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Santa Maria Strawberries
View a Markon Live from the Fields video about strawberries in Santa Maria, California.
- Santa Maria strawberry growers are culling damaged berries after recent storms brought three to four inches of rain to the area
- Light production has resumed and will increase over the next week or so
- The Oxnard region received less rain and is further along with clean up and normal production
- This week’s favorable weather is expected to promote growth and increase yields moving forward
- Barring any unforeseen weather issues, April is shaping up to be a good month for strawberry quality and supply levels
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2018 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.