LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Iceberg Lettuce in Huron, California
View a Markon Live from the Fields video about iceberg lettuce from the Huron, California growing region.
- A small number of growers have started fall iceberg lettuce production in Huron this week
- Extreme heat and minor insect-related quality issues are present in some lots, but current supplies possess good overall quality
- The Salinas Valley will continue to ship stocks for the next four to six weeks
- Growers in the Arizona/California desert region will begin harvesting in early November
- Markon inspectors are monitoring supplies closely and will update further as needed
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2017 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.