LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Desert Region Ice
View a Markon Live from the Fields video regarding harvesting delays caused by lettuce ice in the Arizona/California desert growing region.
- Strong, sustained winds brought cold air through the desert region on Thursday, February 25
- Once the winds subsided, temperatures dropped, causing lettuce ice to develop this morning
- Harvesting crews for most desert row crops were delayed for up to two hours
- Quality is not expected to be impacted by today’s ice or the ice that is forecast through Monday, March 1
- Desert lettuce supplies remain ample and crops are exhibiting very good quality
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.