LIVE FROM THE FIELDS: Broccoli Quality in the Salinas Valley
A Markon Live from the Fields video about the broccoli quality and heat-related defects.
- Markon First Crop Premium Broccoli Crowns are limited; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed
- Record-breaking temperatures have caused brown bead, decay, hollow core, knuckly texture, pin rot, and stunted growth throughout the industry
- Yields are dropping as the crews leave the most heavily affected heads in the field
- Supplies are expected to remain limited for the next three weeks
- Better quality is being seen as growers move into younger fields
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2017 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.