The majority of commercial tomato production will take place on the West Coast through the summer and early fall months. Prices are expected to be higher than in past years due to drought conditions and elevated costs in California’s San Joaquin Valley as well as some regions of Baja, Mexico. Adequate quantities of cherry, grape, mature green, and Roma tomatoes are available to load on the West Coast from California and Baja; quality is excellent.
- High California temperatures over the past two to three weeks have pushed tomato maturation ahead of schedule
- This early production will result in tighter supplies during July and August; volume will increase in September and October
- East Coast stocks are extremely limited
- Commercial production in Virginia, the Eastern Seaboard, and smaller regional areas throughout the United States will start in two to three weeks
- Roma and vine ripe stocks from Central Mexico are available in South Texas; Roma supplies are most plentiful
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.