UPDATE: Tender Leaf Items
December 31, 2015
Freezing temperatures over the last few weeks, combined with rain in the forecast for Arizona/California’s desert region early next week, some tender leaf items such as arugula and cilantro will begin to exhibit quality problems. Expect limited supplies and shortened shelf-life over the next several weeks.
- Cold temperatures will cause premature yellowing and breakdown, reducing yields
- Shelf-life will be shorter than normal
- Cold temperatures have stunted growth, limiting stocks
- The 30-count bunch cilantro market will hit the low twenties next week; Ready-Set-Serve cilantro products are expected to reach trigger levels next week
- Please order for quick turns for freshest product possible and the least amount of shelf-life issues
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.