UPDATE SUMMARY: Week of July 11, 2016
July 15, 2016
MFC Lunch Bunch Grapes are available in 5-pound packs; 21-pound cartons will begin shipping the week of July 18. Mexican supplies are coming to an end and the transition to California-grown fruit is nearly complete. Supplies are ample, and quality is very good. The White Russet potato crop will be depleted by the end of this week; new crop harvesting will begin in August
- Packer label Lunch Bunch domestic supplies will be substituted this week; quality is very good and the market is steady
- The Mexican green seedless season has come to an end
- The new crop California season will begin July 13
- Expect higher prices for new crop California fruit
- Quality is very good; prices are easing
White Russet Potatoes
- The old crop white russet potato season is ending
- New crop harvesting will be begin in August, but supplies will not be available for shipment until October
- New crop must go through the sweat process which lasts approximately three to four weeks
- After the sweat process, skins of the potato will have a smooth, net-like appearance
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.