Pineapple supplies are limited; prices are elevated. Inconsistent weather patterns in the Costa Rican growing regions have resulted in tighter stocks compared to this time last year. Expect high markets for the next five to six weeks.
- Availability remains limited
- Increased demand is keeping the market elevated
- Large-sizes (five- and six-count fruit) remain limited; availability is better for small sizes (seven- and eight-count stocks)
- The market is expected to remain elevated for the next five to six weeks
- Overall quality is good; sugar levels average 16 Brix
- Mexican new crop pineapples are available for loading in South Texas; supplies are adequate
- Prices are lower than those for Costa Rican fruit
- Expect stocks to gradually increase over the next several weeks
- The market is expected to remain steady through the month
- Overall quality is good; sugar levels range from 13 to 14 Brix
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.