Markon First Crop (MFC) Onions are limited in California and Texas. Rain in California’s Imperial Valley will delay harvesting until fields are sufficiently dry.
- As much as 0.62” of rain that occurred in Calipatria, California on Friday, May 15 is delaying harvesting
- While fields are drying now, delays will persist for the next few days while growers catch up
- The forecast calls for dry, warm conditions over the next 7 to 10 days; this should allow growers to resume harvests as scheduled
- Storage onions in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington are diminishing
- MFC Onions will become available in New Mexico by the first week of June
- Markon expects prices to rise this week
- Rain has disrupted supply levels
- Prices will stabilize by the end of the week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.