Cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon supplies are ample in the California San Joaquin Valley. The Imperial Desert season will come to an end by next week while California Westside melons reach their peak quality throughout July and August. Expect markets to ease over the next two weeks.
Cantaloupe and Honeydew
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Cantaloupe and MFC Honeydew are available
- Growing conditions are ideal; both large and small size melons are ample
- Expect low markets over the next three weeks
- Patterson, Turlock, and Westley, California will be the primary growing regions through August
- Quality is excellent; Brix levels are 11-12%
- Production of seedless melons has increased to meet summer demand; seeded varieties are limited
- Prices are steady; supplies are sufficient
- Quality is excellent: fruit is sweet and juicy (12% Brix)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.