Lime prices will rise over the next several weeks. Tropical storm activity, accompanied by lighter winter plantings and increased holiday demand, will push markets higher for the winter months.
- A tropical disturbance is forecast to bring heavy rainfall to the main growing region of Veracruz, Mexico over the next five days
- Harvesting will be disrupted to allow fruit to dry prior to being packed
- Quality will remain good, but yields will drop because growers will cull damaged fruit
- Production typically decreases during the winter growing season (November through April) driving markets up to $20.00 to $30.00 as the holiday season nears
- Even though prices will climb, no serious shortages are forecast
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.