Markon First Crop (MFC) Idaho Burbank Potatoes will be on the market through early August. New crop packer label Norkotah potatoes will begin shipping in early to mid-August; Markon does not foresee any supply gaps. Prices for large sizes (40- through 70-count stocks) will continue easing as the industry transitions from storage supplies to new crop stocks; supply levels are ample. The market for small sizes (80- to 100-count stocks) is expected to remain stable. No. 2 grade potatoes are plentiful; prices will remain low for the rest of the season. New crop MFC Norkotah Potatoes will become available in late August/early September.
2015 New Crop
- Limited quantities of packer label new crop Norkotah supplies will become available in early August
- New crop MFC Norkotah Potatoes will enter the market in late August/early September; potatoes must go through the sweat process prior to shipping
- New crop packer label Burbank potatoes will be shipped in late September/early October
- MFC Burbank Potatoes will become available in early November; potatoes must go through the sweat process prior to shipping
- Idaho’s new crop size profile will be shared once growers have a better understanding of the overall crop (in a few weeks)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.