Markon First Crop (MFC) Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes are readily available (shipped from storage). New crop White Russets are also on the market. The market is steady to slightly lower; supply exceeds demand.
2016-2017 New Crop Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes
- MFC Burbank and Norkotah Potatoes have gone through the sweat process and are readily available
- Current Norkotah lots are dominated by 40- to 50-count sizes
- 60- to 120-count sizes are most plentiful in the Burbank crop
- Quality is very good in both varieties; bruising and greening are occasional issues
2016-2017 New Crop White Russet Potatoes
- New crop Idaho White Russet Potatoes are available from Eastern Idaho
- Updated grower reports indicate 40- to 50-count supplies will be tighter than anticipated; 60- to 120-count stocks will be more plentiful
- Quality is excellent: less bruising is being observed than in the Burbank and Norkotah varieties
- Sufficient levels of No. 1 and No. 2 grades will be on the market through September 2017
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.