Prices are escalating; supplies are tight and demand is strong. Markon First Crop Premium Iceberg is not available; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed due to light carton weights.
- Prices are rising to the mid- to high teens and expected to reach the 20s by next week
- Last week’s consecutive days of freezing temperatures slowed the growth of product scheduled to be harvested over the next two weeks
- Head size is small and texture is inconsistent; yields and carton weights are low
- Carton and processor demand is strong
- Temperatures have risen in the desert region, but growth has not increased yet
- Warm weather in the mid-80s to low 90s is forecast for the next six to eight days; this will eventually increase supplies, but may also cause quality issues
- Expect tight stocks and rising markets into next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.