Prices are escalating; strong demand is tightening supplies. Markon First Crop Premium Iceberg is not available; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed due to low carton weights.
- Prices will rise into the high teens by next week
- Carton and processor demand is strong due to low weights and quality issues that have reduced yields
- Growers are transitioning into lighter summer plantings, which is typical for this time of the year as other regions across the country also harvest during the summer months
- Hot weather over the last several weeks has caused quality issues; this week’s lower temperatures are slowing growth and tightening supplies
- Production will be limited on Monday, July 4 due to the holiday further limiting supplies
- Expect tight stocks and rising markets into next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.