Warmer, more favorable weather is forecast in Baja, Mexico through the weekend. Even though temperatures are increasing, green onion stocks remain limited due to the recent cold weather and limited field labor caused by the holidays. The market will remain elevated (mid- to high 20s) for the next 7 to 10 days.
- Expect prices for Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions to trigger early next week
- Due to December holidays, field labor is limited, further tightening supplies
- The recent wet/cool climate over the past few weeks will make onions more brittle and increase mechanical damage
- Expect smaller sizes for the next several weeks; there are fewer jumbo sizes on the market
- The dry conditions and average temperatures that are forecast for Baja through January 8 will increase plant maturity
- Expect higher volume in the 7 to 10 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.