Green onions remain limited. Although Mexico continues to experience hot weather conditions, there is enough volume to fill orders and keep the market level. Extreme heat causes lighter weights and fewer jumbo sizes; smaller sizes dominate the industry at this time. Prices will remain elevated until late September, when weather conditions cool.
- Extreme heat has slowed onion growth
- Expect smaller, lightweight onions on the market at this time; overall yields are below normal
- Small sizes are most abundant; medium and large sizes are limited
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets through late September
- Markon will continue to monitor trigger levels for Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions and update accordingly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.