Green onion supplies are limited. Prices are rising. Freezing temperatures have caused harvesting delays, limited production, lowered volume, and impacted quality.
- Growers are waiting for temperatures to rise before harvesting, causing loading delays and fewer available stocks
- The market for 48-count iced green onions is reaching the low $20.00 range FOB
- Small sizes are most abundant; medium and large sizes are extremely tight
- Quality problems such as frost damage and yellowing will be present for the next several weeks
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets through next week
- Ready-Set-Serve Green Onion trigger levels are expected to be reached by next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.