The green onion market is rising; supplies are tight.
- Last week’s high temperatures and rains from Hurricane Linda have dramatically slowed production and reduced yields
- Hot weather during planting in the Mexicali/San Luis growing region in Mexico also reduced yields, contributing to the shortages
- Sun burn at the tips of the green onions is being caused by the extreme heat
- Prices for iced 48-count green onions are in the low to mid-20s
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets for the next five to seven days
- Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions are available
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.