Prices are easing for commodity green leaf, iceberg, and romaine from the desert growing regions. A combination of warm temperatures, improved yields, and weak demand from the Midwest and East Coast are decreasing markets.
• Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Iceberg Lettuce is not available due to light weights; Markon Best Available is being substituted
• Carton weights and yields are increasing, but still not meeting MFC specifications
• Ideal growing conditions are aiding growth
• Demand is weakening due to heavy winter storms across the Midwest and Northeast
• Prices will dip for the next 10 to 14 days until growers near the end of the Arizona/California desert winter season
Green Leaf and Romaine
• MFC Green Leaf and Romaine are available.
• Epidermal blistering and peeling are minimal
• Warm temperatures are aiding growth and increasing yields
• Prices will ease for the next 10 to 14 days then turn sharply upward when the transitions to Huron and Salinas begin
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.