Markon First Crop (MFC) Lunch Bunch Grapes and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Seedless Grapes are available. The California green seedless grape season is coming to an end. Limited quantities of new crop offshore grapes are on the market. Expect elevated green seedless prices until volume increases (approximately mid-January). California red seedless storage stocks will remain on the market through mid-January; the market is stable. New crop offshore red seedless stocks will be on the market in late December/early January.
- The California storage season is coming to an end
- New crop Chilean and Peruvian supplies in the Sugraone variety will begin shipping the week of December 19
- Berry size is extra-large
- Quality is very good
- Prices are much higher than those for California stocks
- Expect elevated markets for the next two to three weeks (until supplies improve by mid-January)
- ESS Red Seedless Grapes from California are available
- Packer label California storage supplies are expected to be available through mid-January
- Overall, quality is good; light mold and nesting are problems typical in late-season storage
- Sugar levels are approximately 20 Brix
- Prices are expected to remain steady through the end of the season
- New crop Chilean and Peruvian Flame variety stocks will be on the market by late December/early January
- Prices will be higher than current California prices
- Packer label Chilean Flame supplies will begin shipping the week of January 9
- California-grown MFC Lunch Bunch Grapes will be available through early January
- Quality is good; light mold and nesting are problems typical in late-season storage
- Flavor is sweet; sugar levels are approximately 20 Brix
- Prices are stable
- New crop packer label Chilean Lunch Bunch Grapes will begin shipping the week of January 9; prices will be higher at that time
- MFC Chilean Lunch Bunch grapes are expected to be available by early February
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.