Markon First Crop (MFC) Lunch Bunch Grapes and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Seedless Grapes are available. Quality is very good. The California grape harvest of seedless varieties has ended; supplies will ship from storage through mid- to late December. New crop Chilean and Peruvian stocks are expected on the market by late December. California prices have begun to rise and will increase through the rest of the season. The green seedless market will climb higher than red seedless prices due to lower volume (normal for late season California fruit).
Lunch Bunch Grapes
- MFC Lunch Bunch Grapes are available; quality is very good
- Supplies will be on the market through December
- Flavor is sweet; sugar levels range from 21 to 23 Brix
- The market is stable, but forecast to rise another $1.00-$2.00 before stabilizing until the end of the season
- New crop Chilean portioned packs will begin arriving into the U.S. in early January
- Fruit will ship in packer label through mid-February
- MFC Grapes are expected to hit the market the week of February 13
- The Chilean harvest is on schedule with no supply issues expected
- ESS Red Seedless Grapes are available; quality is very good
- Flavor is sweet (sugar levels range from 21 to 23 Brix); texture is crunchy
- Vintage red seedless supplies are the variety currently shipping; growers will transition into the Allison variety next
- Size will be extra-large; color will be deep red
- The Crimson variety will also be on the market, but berry size will be smaller and color will be lighter
- Prices are stable, yet expected to rise over the next few weeks while California supplies wind down
- The new crop Chilean red seedless season is expected to start in late December
- The green seedless Autumn King variety is currently shipping
- Stocks are sufficient, but will tighten as storage stocks diminish over the next four to six weeks
- The market is stable, yet will climb
- Quality is good: flavor is sweet (sugar levels are approximately 17 Brix)
- New crop Chilean and Peruvian supplies will be on the market in late December; expect new crop prices in the high $40.00 range
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.