Markon First Crop (MFC) Lunch Bunch, Green Seedless, and Red Seedless Grapes are available in 5-pound packs; MFC Lunch Bunch Grapes will begin shipping in 21-pound cartons the week of July 18. The Mexican season has come to an end; growers have nearly completed the transition to California. Prices for new crop fruit are high, but will begin to ease over the next several weeks. Supplies are adequate; quality is excellent.
- MFC Lunch Bunch Grapes are available in 5-pound packs; 21-pound cartons will begin shipping the week of July 18
- Packer label domestic supplies from the San Joaquin Valley will be substituted this week
- Quality is very good: flavor is sweet
- Sugar levels range from 20 to 22 Brix
- The market for portion-packed grapes is steady; demand has eased during the summer months due to schools being out of session
- The Mexican green seedless season has come to an end; very few supplies are left on the market
- New crop California green seedless grapes will begin shipping Wednesday, July 13
- Quality is very good; few problems are being reported
- Sugar levels are higher in California fruit; Brix levels range from 18 to 20 compared to 17 to 18 in Mexican grapes
- New crop fruit is commanding higher prices
- The Mexican red seedless season is over; very few stocks remain on the market
- New crop California red seedless grapes are now being shipped
- Quality is very good; hot days and cool nights have deepened color and increased sugar levels
- Flavor is sweet: sugar levels range from 20 to 22 Brix
- Prices are higher, but already beginning to ease
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.