Garlic will remain limited for the coming months, especially domestic shipments. Supply should meet regular demand, but growers have started to control inventories.
- Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic orders will be kept to average volumes
- Yields are below normal in current fields, mainly due to water- and weather-related issues
- Garlic harvested during the summer is put into storage for year-round distribution
- Chinese garlic, while still not plentiful, is an option to meet increased demand (a small percentage is also imported from Argentina, Mexico, and Spain)
- Chinese peeled garlic has a similar shelf-life to California product; the flavor profile is less pungent as there is a higher water content and less oil
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.