UPDATE: Eastern Pacific Storm Advisories
June 01, 2015
Hurricane Andres and Tropical Storm Blanca are moving in the Eastern Pacific Ocean off Mexico’s Baja Peninsula. Although these systems aren’t forecast to touch land, high winds and rain are being monitored to be sure they do not affect summer cucumber and tomato crops.
- Hurricane Andres is moving west-northwest and is expected to maintain this trajectory through Tuesday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 3 as it continues to weaken
- Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Blanca continues to organize and is forecast to reach hurricane strength by Tuesday
- Rain and winds will arrive into the Southern Baja growing regions on Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5
- No damage is expected to crops, but the situation is being actively monitored
- Andres is the first named hurricane of the Pacific season which began May 15 and will run through November 30
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.