UPDATE: Cilantro and Green Onions
August 22, 2016
Above-normal temperatures persist in Mexico’s Baja Peninsula; supplies are limited due to the excessive heat. Expect prices to rise over the next several weeks due to decreased stocks.
- Baja-grown supplies are being challenged by high temperatures
- California is the main source for bunched cilantro; raw product for loose packs is limited from Mexico’s Baja Peninsula
- Expect tight supplies and elevated prices over the next three weeks
- Extreme, consistent heat is slowing onion maturity
- These conditions are decreasing the size and weight of onions, lowering overall yields
- Limited stocks and high prices are forecast for the next three weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.