UPDATE: Chilean Grape Supplies
January 21, 2016
Markon First Crop (MFC) Grapes are not available in 21-pound portion packs; new crop Chilean packer label supplies are being substituted. Vessel arrival and unloading has been delayed due to congestion in the ports and poor weather conditions on both coasts. Expect limited/sporadic supplies through Monday, January 25 (when current shipments are unloaded).
Lunch Bunch Grapes
- MFC Grapes are not available in 21-pound portion packs; Chilean packer label is being substituted
- Quality is good and flavor is sweet; sugar levels range from 18 to 20 Brix
- Prices are high, but will ease next week
- Although supplies remain tight, they will increase to normal by mid-February
Green Seedless Grapes
- New crop Chilean green seedless stocks are extremely limited
- Supplies are not expected to reach levels adequate enough to cover demand until early February
- Berry size is medium to large; shape is round
- Flavor is improving; sugar levels range from 17 to 18 Brix
- Prices continue to rise
Red Seedless Grapes
- New crop Chilean Flame red seedless stocks are extremely limited
- Vessel delays are creating supply shortages on both coasts
- Berry size is medium to medium-large; shape is round
- Flavor is sweet; sugar levels range from 18 to 20 Brix
- Prices are rising
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.