Prices will continue to rise next week. Strong demand for Thanksgiving and seasonal harvesting transitions are causing the market to spike.
- Prices are reaching the high teens for some sizes
- California’s Salinas Valley season will end by the week of November 21
- Harvesting will ramp up in Oxnard, California over the next few weeks
- Florida production will start in late December
- Growing conditions are ideal
- Quality is excellent
- Pith is minor issue being caused by recent rains
- Prices are skyrocketing due to high Thanksgiving demand and tighter supplies/fewer planted acres
- The market will start to relax by the third week of November, but is expected to remain elevated through the winter as fewer acres are planted in Oxnard
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.