The celery market continues to rise due to tight supplies and strong holiday demand.
- Prices are rising into the low $30.00 range
- Supplies remain limited even though California growers are harvesting in Coachella, Oxnard, Salinas, and Santa Maria
- Cold weather has slowed maturity; quality issues are affecting yields
- Large sizes are extremely tight, especially 24-count celery; 36-count and smaller sizes are more plentiful
- Florida growers will begin harvesting by mid-December, weakening demand for West Coast supplies
- Expect high prices for the month of December as demand will remain strong
- 100% of Ready-Set-Serve Celery orders are being filled at this time
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.