UPDATE: California Oranges
October 15, 2015
Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Oranges are sporadic this week; packer label is being substituted until next week. New crop California Navel harvesting has started; stocks are tight, but are expected to increase next week as more suppliers begin production. Overall size will be large; 113-count and smaller fruit will be limited.
- MFC and ESS Oranges are sporadic this week
- New crop Navel harvesting has started; supplies are tight but will continue to increase over the next several weeks
- Fruit is being placed in gas rooms for three to five days to enhance color
- Color will be light orange to orange at time of shipping
- Oranges are juicy; sugar levels range from 10 to 11 Brix
- Sizes range from 72- to 138-count fruit, but 113-count and smaller fruit is limited
- Prices will remain elevated through October
- The Navel market will begin at high levels
- Prices are expected to inch down in early November once supplies are adequate
- The industry will fully transition to California Navels the week of October 19
- Stocks are available for loading in South Texas and more sporadically available in Delano, California
- Fruit is being put into gas rooms for three to five days to enhance color
- Size ranges from 88- to 113-count oranges
- Strong demand and inconsistent supplies have kept prices elevated
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.