UPDATE: California Mudslides Closing Roadways
October 16, 2015
Heavy rainfall in the Kern County Mountains, northeast of Los Angeles, caused mudslides and road closures of Interstate 5 and Highway 58 on Thursday evening. Interstate 5 (I-5) is the main thoroughfare for traffic moving to and from the Central Valley of California, including Bakersfield, Delano, Fresno areas.
- Delays in consolidation from Grimmway, HMC, Baloian, Sunkist, Wonderful Citrus, and other suppliers are expected as crews work to clear roadways
- The California Highway Patrol (CHP) has offered the following detour information for I-5
- To get back onto northbound I-5, take Highway 126 west, Highway 101 north and Highway 166 or 46 east.
- To get around the southbound I-5 closure, take Highway 41 or Hwy. 166 west to southbound 101.
- The CHP says there aren't any viable detours for the Hwy. 58 and Hwy. 14 closures
- Markon recommends contacting carriers who will be heading to or from the San Joaquin Valley to let them know to use alternate routes
- Click the link here to view a video of the flooding and mudslides in the region
- Markon is currently reaching out to suppliers to determine if transfer trucks are delayed
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.