UPDATE: Broccoli and Cauliflower
June 01, 2015
Broccoli and cauliflower prices are dropping; warm temperatures have increased growth and brought volume closer to normal levels. Both markets will continue declining through next week as ideal growing conditions are forecast. Markon recommends ordering for quick turns while prices settle.
- Warm weather has increased supplies in the main growing regions of Salinas and Santa Maria, California
- Ideal conditions are expected to persist through next week, promoting additional growth
- Regional stocks in Eastern Canada and Maine will keep West Coast demand from spiking
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Broccoli Crowns are available
- Packer label broccoli packs will be adjusted downward depending on shipper and loading location
- The market will continue to slide as better weather is increasing growth
- Markon Essentials (ESS) Cauliflower is available
- Lower pricing has been negotiated for trucks loading Wednesday, May 27 through Saturday, May 30
- Packer label cauliflower packs will be adjusted downward as well depending on shipper and loading location
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.