UPDATE: Broccoli and Cauliflower
September 20, 2016
The broccoli market has stabilized; stocks are adequate in California and Mexico. Quality is best in Mexico (into Texas); excessive California heat has caused some problems. Cauliflower prices will reach the mid-teens by the end of the week. Many regional harvests are ending; demand shifting to California.
- Markon First Crop Broccoli Crowns are sporadic; Markon Best Available will be substituted as necessary due to hollow core
- Peak season is approaching in Mexico (October through April); yellowing is a minor issue
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available
- Supplies have tightened in many local areas; demand has shifted West as the fall season begins
- The market will rise this week; demand now exceeds supply
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.