UPDATE: Broccoli and Cauliflower
August 15, 2016
The cauliflower market will climb this week. Some growers are entering their final fields of the season that will yield lower volume and decrease overall supplies on the market. As regionally grown stocks decrease, West Coast demand will strengthen and prices will rise. The broccoli market is expected to follow by the end of the week.
- Due to hollow core and branchiness, Markon First Crop Broccoli Crowns are sporadic; Markon Best Available will be substituted as necessary
- Supplies will be adequate to start the week, but will decrease by the end of the week and continue falling into next
- Prices will rise
- Overall quality is good: most heads posses tight beads and even, green shading
- The market is increasing
- Supplies are tightening; growers expect decreased yields by next week
- Prices will reach the low to mid-teens by next week
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.