The cauliflower market is rising quickly; broccoli prices are increasing as well. Supplies from Yuma, Arizona, California’s Imperial Valley, and Northern Mexico are diminishing rapidly; these seasons are winding down. Salinas, California growers are harvesting both crops, but supplies are limited. Expect tight stocks and high prices through March.
• Markon First Crop Broccoli Crowns are sporadic; Markon Best Available will be substituted as necessary
• FOB crown prices will climb through March
• Crown quality is good, but hollow core and pin rot are problems due to recent heat and rain
• Long stems and branchy crowns are also issues
• The market is escalating
• Supplies are extremely tight; demand is strong
• Large sizes (9- and 12-count heads) are very limited; there is slightly better availability of small sizes (16-count supplies)
• Expect limited stocks for the rest of March
• Markon Essentials Cauliflower is sporadic; packer label will be substituted
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.