The broccoli market is expected to remain elevated through next week; demand is strong. Crown pricing is rising to the low to mid-$20.00 range.
- Markon First Crop Broccoli Crowns are available
- Cold temperatures are slowing growth in the main growing regions of Salinas and Santa Maria, California
- Temperatures are forecast in the mid- to high 60s for the next 10 days
- In addition to cold temperatures, plantings will diminish as the summer months near due to an increase in regional plantings in Maine and Eastern Canada
- Adequate regional supplies will not be available for several more weeks
- Mexican stocks (into South Texas) are tight; demand is shifting to the West Coast
- Expect high prices through next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.