Green bell pepper supplies are sufficient on both coasts, but will tighten as harvests wind down over the next six weeks. Growing regions in California and Michigan will continue production through early October. Expect the green bell market to inch up by mid-September. Red bell supplies will increase over the next ten days, easing prices into the mid-teens over the next three weeks.
Green Bell Peppers
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green Bell Peppers are available in California, Tennessee, and Texas
- The market will rise by mid- to late September as harvests in California and Michigan wind down
- Stocks are steady in Northern Mexico (into South Texas); stronger demand over the next two weeks will push prices higher
- Quality is very good in all regions: walls are thick, texture is firm, and flavor is zesty
Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- MFC Red Bell Peppers are sporadic; ESS Red Bell Peppers are available in California
- Weak demand and more plentiful supplies in California will weaken prices over the next ten days
- Expect steady supplies and stable prices through late September
- Quality is very good: walls are thick, texture is firm, and flavor is sweet, yet spicy
- Yellow bell pepper supplies are ample in California
- The market will rise by late September
- Hot weather has pushed harvests ahead of schedule
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.