Avocado supplies will continue to dwindle this week and next. Current markets are elevated to historically high levels and are expected to remain elevated for the next few weeks until Mexican grown fruit begins crossing into the US.
- Mexican growers are currently holding back fruit and not picking in an effort to generate higher pricing
- Today marks the fifth straight day since fruit has been harvested in Mexico
- Mixed reports indicate some labor protests as well as growers banding together to hold back harvest
- California Avocado supplies are on the market, however, the season has peaked and supplies will decrease over the next several weeks
- Peruvian stocks are also being imported into the United States but not in significant quantities to ease pressure on markets
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.