Asparagus prices are easing into the mid-20s where they will hold steady for another 2 to 3 weeks. Production is increasing in Baja, Mexico and Peru. Markon First Crop Asparagus is available.
- Demand is moderate, but will strengthen as cooler fall temperatures arrive and the holiday season approaches; prices will rise
- Supplies will increase in mid-September, but will be met by strong demand as holiday pulls begin
- The fall season has started in Ensenada, Mexico (in the Baja region) and will continue through October before moving to Central Mexico
- Peru has year-round crops, but their season peaks in mid-September and again in late October
- Quality is very good: tips are tight and color is deep green
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.