Asparagus prices are rising. Strong Easter demand is pushing up the market. Supplies are tight as the Mexico season is ending, while the California season is just starting. Prices are generally higher during the California season (through June). Markon First Crop Asparagus is available.
- The season in mainland Northern Mexico is winding down; supplies will be depleted by the first week of April
- Quality is good
- Some mild feathering may be apparent due to high temperatures
- The California season has started, but supplies will be tight for three to four weeks until production increases
- Quality is excellent
- Spears are strong with tight tips
- Most harvesting will take place in California through June; production will begin in Mexico and Peru in July
- Markon’s asparagus promotion is available through March 26, 2016
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.