After a short-lived price spike caused by low temperatures and rain several weeks ago, asparagus markets will ease over the next several days. Supplies are increasing in Northern Mexico; ideal temperatures are promoting growth. Markon First Crop Asparagus is available. Quality is excellent.
- Prices will be adjusted downward by $12.00 for Monday and Tuesday shipments
- 28/1-pound packs from Mexico will be available next week
- Severe winter weather conditions in the Midwest and on the East Coast are also weakening demand for West Coast produce
- Quality is good, but will continue to improve over the next several weeks as stocks become more plentiful
- Despite easing prices and more abundant supplies, jumbo and extra-large sizes remain tight; large stocks will increase over the next two weeks
- Peruvian supplies will decline as Mexican supplies increase over the next 8 to 10 weeks
- Expect easing prices and promotable supplies for the next two to four weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.