Asparagus prices will be higher next week. Fewer supplies and increased holiday demand will elevate the market.
- Markon First Crop Asparagus availability is sporadic, but will increase after December 12
- Supplies from Baja, Mexico and Peru are tightening due to seasonal transitions
- New production areas in mainland Mexico have started but are limited
- Production will increase by the week of December 12
- Additional supplies will be offset by high holiday demand
- It’s not unusual for prices to rise into the high $30.00 range by mid-December and continue at this level into early January
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.