Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video about transitioning from certain cool-weather romaine varieties into more heat-tolerant types for the end of the winter growing season in the Arizona/California desert growing region.
• A specific cool-weather romaine variety has reacted poorly to erratic weather in the desert region
• Heads have grown twisted with protruding, fragile ribs that break easily when harvested and packed
• Different heat-tolerant varieties are now mature and will be used through the remainder of the winter growing season
• Over the next few days, the size, shape, texture, and quality of romaine will be better than the previous three weeks
• Markon inspectors will be monitoring quality throughout the upcoming transition to Central California growing regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2015 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.